Coming This Week: May 18th, 2015
S.W.E.B.S. Focus: Rule #4
I will solve my problems peacefully
Leader In Me Focus of the Week:
Habit 4- Think Win-Win… Everyone Can Win! Habit 5- Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood…Listen Before You Talk Habit 6- Synergize- Together is Better.
Monday, May 18th:
- Leader In Me Monday!
- Every Monday, check out our Instagram @dobsonschool645 for some inspiring words about leadership.
Tuesday, May 19th
- No School- If you are able…get out and vote!
- Parent focus group meeting at 6:00pm to discuss how to use the money we will be receiving from the Local Educators’ Award
Wednesday, May 20th
- Wishing the best of luck to our students competing at the State Computer Fair!
- 8th Grade NYC Trip
Friday, May 22nd
- Fun Friday
- Philly Ad Group Trip to XTU/CBS Radio Station
Mark Your Calendars:
- May 25th- Closed for Memorial Day
- June 4th- Olympics
- June 10th- Leadership Day (Morning)
- June 10th- Dobson Day (Afternoon)
- June 15th- Kindergarten Move-Up Day & Student of the Year Assembly
- June 16th- 8th Grade Graduation
- June 18th- Last Day for Students
-The Leader In Me Parent Corner-
As we continue through our Leader In Me Journey, The Lighthouse Team will be using this section to provide some information specifically for parents about The Leader In me. Student work, book recommendations to read with your children that focus on habits, classroom displays, videos and much more will be used to help showcase the fabulous progress that our students (as well as faculty and staff) have made since our kick off in January!
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
“Sharpen the Saw means to have balance in your life. There is a story of a man who was sawing down a tree and not making a lot of progress. When a passerby asked him why he didn’t stop sawing to sharpen his saw, he remarked that he was too busy sawing . Habit 7 reminds us that we are more productive when we are in balance–body brain, heart and soul. Just like the four tires on a car, if one area is being ignored or overused, the rest will feel the results.” Courtesy of the Leader In Me Parent Guide
- Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late by Mo Willems
- Henry Hikes to Fitchburg by D.B. Johnson
- Me I Am! by Jack Prelutsky
- The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg
- Uncle Willie and the Soup Kitchen by DyAnne DiSalvo-Ryan
- The New Kid on the Block by Jack Prelutsky
- A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
- Wind in the Long Grass: A Collection of Haiku edited by William Higginson