Coming This Week: March 16, 2015
S.W.E.B.S. Focus: Rule #5
I will show respect with a positive attitude, kind word and actions, with careful use of school property.
Leader In Me Focus of the Week:
Habit 1- Be Proactive…I am in charge & Habit 4- Think Win-Win…Everyone can win! Habit 6- Synergize…Together is Better!
Wednesday, March 18th:
- Leader In Me Monday!
- Every Monday, check out our Instagram @dobsonschool645 for some inspiring words about leadership.
Wednesday, March 18th:
- 12:10 Dismissal for Students
Friday, March 20th:
- Fun Friday
- 4th Grade Bake Sale
Mark Your Calendars:
- March 26th- Pirates the Musical
- March 31st- March STOM
- April 1st- April 3rd- Spring Break
- April 10th- Fun Friday
- April 13th- PSSA Testing Begins
-The Leader In Me-
Over the past week, we have added a new tab on our webpage devoted entirely to the Leader In Me. With Parent Resources, a parent guide, a list of children’s books that help teach the habits and much more has been posted for you to bring the Leader In Me into your home.
As we posted earlier this week, part of the Leader In Me: Path to Lighthouse status involves transforming our school environment with inspiring words about leadership and empowering messages.
Tell us what kind of messages you would like to have your children seeing each day by sharing them at www.tinyurl.com/TLIMQuotes . We will be posting more about how parents, grandparents, and the Dobson Community can get involved with The Leader In Me soon!
-PSSA BUZY BEE-
As the countdown to the PSSA begins, help your student “Buzy Bees” prepare for the test with some simple tips! The Buzy Bee will be adding some helpful information to the Coming This Week Post to help us all be ready to ROCK THE TEST!
Testing Tips for At Home, At School and During The Test:
PSSA Testing Tips for Parents:
To help your child prepare adequately for the PSSA tests, you can do several things to encourage your child to do his/her best.
- Eat a balanced and healthy breakfast!
- Get a good night’s sleep!
- READ EVERY NIGHT!
- Follow the 7 habits of Happy Kids and Teens!
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
- Sharpen the Saw
- Arrive to school on time each day, ready to work and ready to stay all day!
- Read carefully & take your time!
- Stay calm, cool and collected! Don’t forget to Sharpen the Saw!
During the Test:
- Come up with the answer in your head before looking at the possible answers, this way, the choices given on the test won’t throw you off or trick you.
- Read the question before you look at the answers.
- Eliminate answers you know aren’t right!
- Take your Time!
- Read all the choices before choosing your answer.