Coming This Week: February 22, 2015
S.W.E.B.S. Focus: Rule #2
I will follow directions the first time given.
Leader In Me Focus of the Week:
Habit 1- Be Proactive…I am in charge & Habit 2- Begin with the End in Mind…Have a Plan!
Friday, February 20th:
- Dobson’s Annual African American History Assembly at 2:15 in the auditorium
Mark Your Calendars:
- March 1st: Music In Our School’s Month Begins!
- March 3rd: Dr. Seuss Day
- March 4th: 6:00-7:00 Home and School Meeting in Room 202
- March 4th: 7:00-8:00 Special Presentation for our Teachers and Parents on Inviting Families Into the Classroom by author Lynne Strieb. The first 20 parents who attend the meeting will receive a free copy of the book!
- March 6th: Leader of the Month Assembly
- March 13th: Fun Friday
- March 18th: 12:10pm Dismissal for Students
-PSSA BUZY BEE-
As the countdown to the PSSA begins, help your student “Buzy Bees” prepare for the test with some simple tips! The Buzy Bee will be adding some helpful information to the Coming This Week Post to help us all be ready to ROCK THE TEST!
Testing Tips for At Home, At School and During The Test:
PSSA Testing Tips for Parents:
To help your child prepare adequately for the PSSA tests, you can do several things to encourage your child to do his/her best.
- Eat a balanced and healthy breakfast!
- Get a good night’s sleep!
- READ EVERY NIGHT!
- Follow the 7 habits of Happy Kids and Teens!
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
- Sharpen the Saw
- Arrive to school on time each day, ready to work and ready to stay all day!
- Read carefully & take your time!
- Stay calm, cool and collected! Don’t forget to Sharpen the Saw!
During the Test:
- Come up with the answer in your head before looking at the possible answers, this way, the choices given on the test won’t throw you off or trick you.
- Read the question before you look at the answers.
- Eliminate answers you know aren’t right!
- Take your Time!
- Read all the choices before choosing your answer.