Coming This Week: February 2, 2015
S.W.E.B.S. Focus: Rule #5- I will show respect with a positive attitude, kind words and careful use of school property.
Leader In Me Focus of the Week:
Habit 1- Be Proactive… I choose my actions, attitudes and moods
Habit 5- Think Win-Win…Everyone can win! &
Habit 6- Synergize… Together is better!
Monday, February 2nd: Grades for the 2nd Quarter close today!
- Leader In Me Monday
- Benchmarks Begin
- Philly Ad Teen group will meet at 10:15am
Tuesday, February 3rd:
Wednesday, February 4th:
Tuesday, February 5th:
Friday, February 6th:
- Student of the Month at 2:30pm
Mark Your Calendars:
- February 11th-13th: Report Card Conferences
- February 16th: No School (President’s Day)
- February 18th: 12:10pm Dismissal for Students
- February 20th: Fun Friday
-PSSA BUZY BEE-
As the countdown to the PSSA begins, help your student “Buzy Bees” prepare for the test with some simple tips! The Buzy Bee will be adding some helpful information to the Coming This Week Post to help us all be ready to ROCK THE TEST!
Testing Tips for At Home, At School and During The Test:
PSSA Testing Tips for Parents:
To help your child prepare adequately for the PSSA tests, you can do several things to encourage your child to do his/her best.
- Eat a balanced and healthy breakfast!
- Get a good night’s sleep!
- Follow the 7 habits of Happy Kids and Teens!
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
- Sharpen the Saw
- Arrive to school on time each day, ready to work and ready to stay all day!
During the Test:
- Come up with the answer in your head before looking at the possible answers, this way, the choices given on the test won’t throw you off or trick you.
- Read the question before you look at the answers.